I’d like to announce the official release of the updated HTML Special Characters Helper plugin (v1.6) for WordPress.
Admin widget on the Write Post page for inserting HTML encodings of special characters into the post.
Recommended major compatibility update. Highlights: JS/CSS handling tweaks; misc non-functionality tweaks; noted compatibility with WP 3.0+.
For more details, instructions, screenshots, and the download link, visit the plugin’s official homepage at :
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Extract all inline CSS into add_admin_css()
- Only output CSS on the add/edit post/page pages
- Remove all references to $for (which was context variable that lingered from former rte popup)
- Move hooking of actions out of constructor and into class’s admin_init()
- Rename add_css() to add_admin_css()
- Assign object instance to global variable, $c2c_html_special_characters_helper, to allow for external manipulation
- Rename class from ‘HTMLSpecialCharactersHelper’ to ‘c2c_HTMLSpecialCharactersHelper’
- Don’t define class unless within admin section
- Note compatibility with WP 3.0+
- Minor code reformatting (spacing)
- Remove documentation and instructions from top of plugin file (all of that and more are contained in readme.txt)
- Add PHPDoc documentation
- Add package info to top of file
- Update copyright date
- Add Upgrade Notice section to readme.txt