I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Random File plugin (v1.6) for WordPress.
Retrieve the name, path, or link to a randomly chosen file in a specified directory.
Feature update. Highlights: added c2c_random_files() to retrieve array of random unique files; added hooks to allow customizations; verified WP 3.0 compatibility.
For more details, instructions, screenshots, and the download link, visit the plugin’s official homepage at :
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Add c2c_random_files() to retrieve array of random unique files
- Add hooks ‘c2c_random_file’ (filter) and ‘c2c_random_files’ (filter) to respond to the function of the same name so that users can use the apply_filters() notation for invoking template tags
- Use get_option() instead of deprecated get_settings()
- Wrap functions in if(!function_exists()) check
- Remove docs from top of plugin file (all that and more are in readme.txt)
- Tweak description
- Note compatibility with WP 3.0+
- Minor tweaks to code formatting (spacing)
- Add Filters and Upgrade Notice sections to readme.txt
- Remove trailing whitespace