I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Silent Publish plugin (v2.0) for WordPress.
Adds the ability to publish a post without triggering pingbacks, trackbacks, or notifying update services.
Recommended major update! Highlights: re-implemented; added filters for customization; localization support; use hidden custom field; misc non-functionality changes; verified WP 3.0 compatibility; dropped compatibility with version of WP older than 2.9.
For more details, instructions, screenshots, and the download link, visit the plugin’s official homepage at :
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Re-implemented entire approach
- Allow overriding of custom field used via ‘silent_publish_meta_key’ filter
- Add class of ‘c2c-silent-publish’ to admin UI div containing checkbox
- Add filter ‘silent_publish_meta_key’ to allow overriding custom field key name
- Remove function add_js(), admin_menu(), add_meta_box()
- Add functions init(), add_ui(), save_silent_publish_status(), load_textdomain()
- Add true localization support
- Move definition of strings into init() and properly support localization
- Full support for localization
- Store plugin instance in global variable, $c2c_silent_publish, to allow for external manipulation
- Remove docs from top of plugin file (all that and more are in readme.txt)
- Minor code reformatting (spacing)
- Add PHPDoc documentation
- Note compatibility with WP 2.9+, 3.0+
- Drop compatibility with versions of WP older than 2.9
- Update screenshots
- Update copyright date
- Add package info to top of plugin file
- Add Changelog, Frequently Asked Questions, Filters, and Upgrade Notice sections to readme.txt
- Add .pot file
- Add to plugin repository