Have “Remember Me” checked by default on logins, configure how long a login is remembered, or disable the “Remember Me” feature altogether.
Recommended update! This release adds the ability to remember a login session forever, has miscellaneous improvements, a bugfix, notes WP 3.3 compatibility, and drops support for versions of WP older than 3.1.
The plugin’s official homepage is located at :
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Add setting ‘remember_me_forever’ to allow user to forego having to make up a large number
- Set a max expiration of 100 years in the future to prevent error if user supplies a high enough number to exceed the year 9999
- Use pure JS instead of jQuery for checking checkbox
- Hook into ‘login_footer’ action to output JS
- Change hooking of ‘login_head’ to output CSS rather than calling login_head()
- Remove login_head()
- Allow setting minimum duration of 1 hour (as was documented)
- Remove support for global $c2c_remember_me_controls variable
- Update plugin framework to 031
- Note compatibility through WP 3.3+
- Drop compatibility with versions of WP older than 3.1
- Create ‘lang’ subdirectory and move .pot file into it
- Regenerate .pot
- Update screenshot
- Add screenshots 2 and 3
- Add more description, FAQ question
- Add link to plugin directory page to readme.txt
- Update copyright date (2012)