I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Text Replace plugin (v3.0) for WordPress.
Replace text with other text. Handy for creating shortcuts to common, lengthy, or frequently changing text/HTML, or for smilies.
The plugin’s official homepage is located at :
Significant and recommended update. Highlights: re-implementation; added more settings and hooks for customization; allow replacing HTML; allow case insensitivity; disable autowrap in textarea; misc improvements; verified WP 3.0 compatibility; dropped compatibility with WP older than 2.8.
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Re-implementation by extending C2C_Plugin_012, which among other things adds support for:
- * Reset of options to default values
- * Better sanitization of input values
- * Offload of core/basic functionality to generic plugin framework
- * Additional hooks for various stages/places of plugin operation
- * Easier localization support
- Full localization support
- Allow for replacement of tags, not just text wrapped by tags
- Disable auto-wrapping of text in the textarea input field for replacements
- Support localization of strings
- Add option to indicate if text replacement should be case sensitive. Default is true.
- NOTE: The plugin is now by default case sensitive when searching for potential replacements
- For text_replace(), remove ‘case_sensitive’ argument
- Allow filtering of text replacements via ‘c2c_text_replace’ filter
- Allow filtering of hooks that get text replaced via ‘c2c_text_replace_filters’ filter
- Allow filtering/overriding of text_replace_comments option via ‘c2c_text_replace_comments’ filter
- Allow filtering/overriding of case_sensitive option via ‘c2c_text_replace_case_sensitive’ filter
- Filter ‘widget_text’ for text replacement
- Rename class from ‘TextReplace’ to ‘c2c_TextReplace’
- Assign object instance to global variable, $c2c_text_replace, to allow for external manipulation
- Remove docs from top of plugin file (all that and more are in readme.txt)
- Change description
- Update readme
- Minor code reformatting (spacing)
- Add Filters and Upgrade Notice sections to readme.txt
- Add .pot file
- Update screenshot
- Add PHPDoc documentation
- Add package info to top of file
- Update copyright date
- Remove trailing whitespace