I’d like to announce the official release of the Admin Commenters Comments Count plugin (v1.1) for WordPress.
Displays a count of each commenter’s total number of comments (linked to those comments) next to their name on any admin page.
Highlights: search for other comments by commenter name if no email is provided, fixed clipping of comment bubble on admin dashboard, miscellaneous tweaks, verified WP 3.0 compatibility.
For more details, instructions, screenshots, and the download link, visit the plugin’s official homepage at :
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- If a commenter does not have an email provided, search for other comments based on the provided name
- Treat class as a namespace rather than instantiating it as an object
- Check for is_admin() before defining class rather than during constructor
- Proper conditional string pluralization and localization support
- Use esc_attr() instead of attribute_escape()
- Fix dashboard display of commenter comment counts (prevent clipping of top of bubble, bubble background is now blue instead of gray)
- No longer define background-position in CSS
- Remove docs from top of plugin file (all that and more are in readme.txt)
- Minor code reformatting (spacing)
- Add package info to top of plugin file
- Remove trailing whitespace in docs
- Add Upgrade Notice section to readme.txt
- Note compatibility with WP 3.0+
- Drop compatibility with version of WP older than 2.8