I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Admin Post Navigation plugin (v1.5) for WordPress.
Adds links to the next and previous posts when editing a post in the WordPress admin.
This is a significant update from the previous release. Highlights: find prev/next post by ID rather than post_date, fix navigation logic, added numerous filters to allow for customizations, miscellaneous improvements, dropped pre-WP 2.8 compatibility, added verified WP 3.0 compatibility.
For more details, instructions, screenshots, and the download link, visit the plugin’s official homepage at :
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Change post search ORDER BY from ‘post_date’ to ‘ID’
- Add filter ‘c2c_admin_post_navigation_orderby’ for customizing search ORDER BY field
- Add filter ‘c2c_admin_post_navigation_post_statuses’ for customizing valid post_statuses for search
- Deprecate (but still support) ‘admin_post_nav’ filter
- Add filter ‘c2c_admin_post_navigation_display’ filter as replacement to ‘admin_post_nav’ filter to allow modifying output
- Retrieve post title via get_the_title() rather than directly from object
- Also strip tags from the title prior to use in tag attribute
- Don’t navigate to auto-saves
- Check for is_admin() before defining class rather than during constructor
- esc_sql() on SQL strings that have potentially been filtered
- Use esc_attr() instead of attribute_escape()
- Store plugin instance in global variable, $c2c_admin_post_navigation, to allow for external manipulation
- Fix localization of the two strings
- Instantiate object within primary class_exists() check
- Note compatibility with WP 3.0+
- Drop compatibility with version of WP older than 2.8
- Minor code reformatting (spacing)
- Remove docs from top of plugin file (all that and more are in readme.txt)
- Remove trailing whitespace in header docs
- Add Upgrade Notice and Filters sections to readme.txt
- Add package info to top of plugin file