I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Text Hover plugin (v3.0.1) for WordPress.
Add hover text to regular text in posts. Handy for providing explanations of names, terms, phrases, and acronyms mentioned in your blog.
Significant and recommended update. Highlights: re-implementation; added more settings and hooks for customization; disable autowrap in textarea; misc improvements; verified WP 3.0 compatibility; dropped compatibility with WP older than 2.8.
The plugin’s official homepage is located at :
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Re-implementation by extending C2C_Plugin_016, which among other things adds support for:
- * Reset of options to default values
- * Better sanitization of input values
- * Offload of core/basic functionality to generic plugin framework
- * Additional hooks for various stages/places of plugin operation
- * Easier localization support
- Full localization support
- Disable auto-wrapping of text in the textarea input field for hovers
- Allow filtering of text hover terms and replacement via ‘c2c_text_hover’ filter
- Allow filtering of hooks that get text hover processing via ‘c2c_text_hover_filters’ filter
- Allow filtering/overriding of case_sensitive option via ‘c2c_text_hover_case_sensitive’ filter
- Filter ‘widget_text’ for text hover
- Rename class from ‘TextHover’ to ‘c2c_TextHover’
- Assign object instance to global variable, $c2c_text_hover, to allow for external manipulation
- Remove docs from top of plugin file (all that and more are in readme.txt)
- Update readme.txt
- Minor code reformatting (spacing)
- Add Filters and Upgrade Notice sections to readme.txt
- Note compatibility with WP 3.0+
- Drop support for versions of WordPress older than 2.8
- Add .pot file
- Update screenshot
- Add PHPDoc documentation
- Add package info to top of file
- Update copyright date
- Remove trailing whitespace