I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Admin Trim Interface plugin (v2.0) for WordPress.
Customize the WordPress admin pages by selectively removing interface elements.
Recommended update! This release fixes WP 3.0 compatibility. It also includes major re-implementation, bug fixes, localization support, and more.
The plugin’s official homepage is located at :
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Re-implementation by extending C2C_Plugin_014, which among other things adds support for:
- * Reset of options to default values
- * Better sanitization of input values
- * Offload of core/basic functionality to generic plugin framework
- * Additional hooks for various stages/places of plugin operation
- * Easier localization support
- Full localization support
- Add option to hide “Search Engines Block” link in WP 3.0+
- Don’t show option to hide “Visit site” link if running in WP 3.0+
- Change positioning method for setting page graphic
- Rename class from ‘AdminTrimInterface’ to ‘c2c_AdminTrimInterface’
- Move object instantiation to within the initial if(!class_exists()) check
- Store plugin instance in global variable, $c2c_admin_trim_interface, to allow for external manipulation
- Check for is_admin() before defining class rather than during constructor
- Add PHPDoc documentation
- Add package info to top of plugin file
- Remove docs from top of plugin file (all that and more are in readme.txt)
- Minor code reformatting (spacing)
- Add Upgrade Notice section to readme.txt
- Note compatibility with WP 2.9+ and 3.0+
- Drop compatibility with version of WP older than 2.8
- Update copyright date
- Add .pot file