I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Author Image(s) plugin (v3.0) for WordPress.
Display image (if present) and/or name for the author of a post, or for all authors on the blog.
For more details, instructions, screenshots, and the download link, visit the plugin’s official homepage at :
Recommended update. Highlights: re-implementation; added more settings and hooks for customization; misc improvements; verified WP 3.0 compatibility; dropped compatibility with WP older than 2.8; added to WP plugin repository.
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Re-implementation by extending C2C_Plugin_012, which among other things adds support for:
- * Reset of options to default values
- * Better sanitization of input values
- * Offload of core/basic functionality to generic plugin framework
- * Additional hooks for various stages/places of plugin operation
- * Easier localization support
- Add setting ‘height’ to allow for forced browser-scaling of the height of the author image (better if the original image is of desired size)
- Add setting ‘width’ to allow for forced browser-scaling of the width of the author image (better if the original image is of desired size)
- Add setting ‘custom_field’ to allow easier configuration of the post custom field for defining a specific author image to use for the post (default is ‘author_image’)
- For get_the_author_image(), c2c_get_the_author_image(), and c2c_the_author_image(), add optional $width and $height arguments to force image width/height
- Add filters ‘c2c_get_the_author_image’, ‘c2c_the_author_image’, and ‘c2c_wp_list_authors_images’ to respond to the function of the same name so that users can use the do_action(‘c2c_the_author_image’) notation for invoking template tags
- For c2c_wp_list_authors_images(), add support in $args for ‘feed_type’, ‘style’, and ‘html’
- Rename class from ‘AuthorImages’ to ‘c2c_AuthorImages’
- Rename the global instance variable from ‘author_images’ to ‘c2c_author_images’
- Trim leading and trailing forward slashes from the custom field value before use
- Change to make leading and trailing forward slashes optional for $image_dir value
- Wrap each global function in function_exists() check
- Use get_options() instead of get_settings()
- Remove docs from top of plugin file (all that and more are in readme.txt)
- Note compatibility with WP 2.8+, 2.9+, 3.0+
- Drop compatibility with versions of WP older than 2.8
- Minor tweaks to code formatting (spacing)
- Add Changelog and Upgrade Notice sections to readme.txt
- Add PHPDoc documentation
- Add package info to top of file
- Update copyright date
- Remove trailing whitespace
- Add screenshot
- Adding to WP plugin repository