Retrieve the top commenters or most recent commenters to your site (if called outside “the loop”) or for a particular post (if called inside “the loop”).
This plugin outputs a list of the N most recently commenting authors (with hyperlinks to their homepage if they provided an URL). You can define $before and $after text/HTML to bookend each list item. Specify $num_people to control how many people to list.
- Can be used inside or outside “the loop”
get_recent_commenters($num_people = 5, $before='<li>', $after='</li>')
- $num_people : The number of recent commenters to be returned; default is 5
- $before: The text to display before each recent commenter.
- $after: The text/HTML to display after each recent commenter.
<ul> <?php get_recent_commenters(3); ?> </ul>
<ul> <li><a href="http://www.joebob.org">Joe Bob</a></li> <li>No Homepage Guy</li> <li><a href="http://www.suzy.org">Suzy</a></li> </ul>
Recent love from: <?php get_recent_commenters(3, '', ','); ?>
Recent love from: <a href="http://www.joebob.org">Joe Bob</a>, No Homepage Guy, <a href="http://www.suzy.org">Suzy</a>,
- 08 Jul 2004 : Deprecated; use the Top/Recent Comments plugin insead.
- 07 Jul 2004 : v0.9 — Released to the public
Copyright (c) 2004, Scott Reilly
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of coffee2code.com nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Easily retrieve and control the display of any custom field values/meta data for posts, inside or outside “the loop”. The power of custom fields gives this plugin the potential to be dozens of plugins all rolled into one.
This plugin has been deprecated! It is no longer being developed and there will not be any continued support for it. Comments to this post are also now closed.
Fear not, for the essence of the plugin continues on in my Configure SMTP plugin.