I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Expandable Dashboard Recent Comments plugin (v1.1) for WordPress.
Adds the ability to do an in-place expansion of comment excerpts on the admin dashboard ‘Recent Comments’ widget.
The plugin’s official homepage is located at :
Minor update. Highlights: adds filter to allow customization of configuration defaults; verified WP 3.0 compatibility.
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Add filter ‘c2c_expandable_dashboard_recent_comments_config’ to allow filtering of config options
- Rename class from ‘ExpandableDashboardRecentComments’ to ‘c2c_ExpandableDashboardRecentComments’
- Store plugin instance in global variable, $c2c_expandable_dashboard_recent_comments, to allow for external manipulation
- Move is_admin() check to before class creation
- Add init() and move hooking of actions/filters to there
- Remove docs from top of plugin file (all that and more are in readme.txt)
- Note compatibility with WP 3.0+
- Minor code reformatting (spacing)
- Add Filters and Upgrade Notice sections to readme
- Remove trailing whitespace in header docs