I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Preserve Code Formatting plugin (v2.0) for WordPress.
Preserve formatting of code for display by preventing its modification by WordPress and other plugins while retaining original whitespace and characters.
The plugin’s official homepage is located at :
This release debuts the admin options page for the plugin. The release also brings with it full compatibility with WordPress 2.3+ and 2.5.
This update is part of coffee2code’s 14 Days of Plugins (updated plugin #16).
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Completely rewritten
- Now properly handles code embedded in comments
- Created its own class to encapsulate plugin functionality
- Added admin options page under Options → Code Formatting (or in WP 2.5: Settings → Code Formatting). Options are now saved to database, negating need to customize code within the plugin source file.
- Removed function anti_wptexturize() as the new handling approach negates its need
- Changed description; updated installation instructions
- Added compatibility note
- Updated copyright date and version to 2.0
- Moved into its own subdirectory; added readme.txt and screenshot
- Tested compatibility with WP 2.3.3 and 2.5