I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Customizable Comment Listings plugin (v2.0) for WordPress.
Display Recent Comments, Pingbacks, and/or Trackbacks, Top Commenters, or Recent Commenters, and use the comment, commenter, and/or post information of your choosing to customize the how they are listed. You can narrow comment searches by specifying post IDs, comment types, and/or comment status, among other things.
The plugin’s official homepage is located at :
This release introduces 23 new percent-substitution tag! Options are now stored in the database and configurable via the pluginâ€™s new admin options page. The plugin has more documentation, included in its readme.txt file and on its admin options page. The release also brings with it full compatibility with WordPress 2.3+ and 2.5 (and dropping support for any earlier versions).
This update is part of coffee2code’s 14 Days of Plugins (updated plugin #11).
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Added admin options page under Options -> CCL (or in WP 2.5: Settings -> CCL).
- Formatting options are now saved to database, negating need to customize code within the plugin source file.
- Admin options page also includes a listing and explanation of all percent-substitution tags, template functions, and their arguments
- Introduced the following 23 new percent-substitution tags:
- c2c_get_recent_comments_tagmap() now optionally echoes the string it creates via optional argument $echo (defaulted to false)
- c2c_get_recent_comments_tagmap() now returns the number of posts listed if $echo is true, otherwise it returns the string it would’ve echoed
- Removed pre-WordPress2.3 support
- WP2.x+ compatibility changes/improvements including: triggering of new filters and using newer stock accessor functions.
- Changed description
- Added compatibility note
- Updated copyright date and version to 2.0
- Added readme.txt and screenshots
- Tested compatibility with WP 2.3.3 and 2.5