I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Get Custom Field Values plugin (v3.3.2) for WordPress.
Use widgets, shortcodes, and/or template tags to easily retrieve and display custom field values for posts or pages.
Recommended bugfix update! Highlights: fixes bug in widget preventing proper display of custom field for current post; noted WP 3.3+ compatibility; and more.
For more details, instructions, screenshots, and the download link, visit the plugin’s official homepage at :
Comments are welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read on for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Fix bugs in widget preventing proper display of custom field for current post (props Ross Higgins)
- Trim and/or intval widget input fields in validate()
- For shortcode widget’s JS, output via ‘admin_print_footer_scripts’ instead of ‘admin_footer’
- Note compatibility through WP 3.3
- Add ‘Domain Path’ directive to top of main plugin file
- Add link to plugin directory page to readme.txt
- Update copyright date (2012)
Since I never made a post regarding v3.3 and v3.3.1, here’s the ChangeLog for those releases:
- Modify c2c_get_random_custom() to support returning multiple random values (function now accepts additional arguments)
- Fix fatal shortcode bug by updating widget framework to v005 to make a protected class variable public
- Update widget version to 003
- Rename widget class from ‘GetCustomWidget’ to ‘c2c_GetCustomWidget’
- Enable shortcode support for custom field values
- Update widget framework to v004
- Document shortcode
- Note compatibility through WP 3.2+
- Minor code formatting changes (spacing)
- Minor readme.txt formatting changes
- Add plugin homepage and author links in description in readme.txt
- Add .pot
- Update copyright date (2011)