I’d lke to announce the official release of the updated Custom Post Limits plugin (v1.5) for WordPress.
Control the number of posts that appear on the front page, search results, and author, category, tag, and date archives, independent of each other, including specific archives.
The plugin’s official homepage is located at :
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, some of which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- added ability to specify limit on a per-category, per-author, and per-tag basis
- added ability to show all posts (i.e no limit, via a limit of -1)
- added “Settings” link next to “Activate”/”Deactivate” link next to the plugin on the admin plugin listings page
- tweaked plugin’s admin options page to conform to newer WP 2.7 style
- extended compatibility to WP 2.7+
- updated installation instructions, extended description, copyright
- updated to v1.5
- facilitated translation of some text
- memoized options
- in admin options page, due to difference b/w WP <2.5 and >2.5, link text for options page is just referred to as “here”
- prevent post limiting from occurring in the admin listing
- fixed plugin path problem in recent versions of WP
- fixed post paging (next_posts_link()/previous_posts_link()) was not taking post limit into account