I’d lke to announce the official release of the updated Custom Post Limits plugin (v1.5) for WordPress.
Control the number of posts that appear on the front page, search results, and author, category, tag, and date archives, independent of each other, including specific archives.
The plugin’s official homepage is located at :
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, some of which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- added ability to specify limit on a per-category, per-author, and per-tag basis
- added ability to show all posts (i.e no limit, via a limit of -1)
- added “Settings” link next to “Activate”/”Deactivate” link next to the plugin on the admin plugin listings page
- tweaked plugin’s admin options page to conform to newer WP 2.7 style
- extended compatibility to WP 2.7+
- updated installation instructions, extended description, copyright
- updated to v1.5
- facilitated translation of some text
- memoized options
- in admin options page, due to difference b/w WP <2.5 and >2.5, link text for options page is just referred to as “here”
- prevent post limiting from occurring in the admin listing
- fixed plugin path problem in recent versions of WP
- fixed post paging (next_posts_link()/previous_posts_link()) was not taking post limit into account
5 replies on “Custom Post Limits v1.5”
I like your plugin but I have a problem with it. My standard post display limit is 2; in your plugin I increased the post limit for categories archive to 20. But the problem is that the category pages still display next_posts_link() template if the post count is greater than 2. Can this be fixed somehow?
Give me a little time to catch my breath and I’ll investigate the matter. Thanks for reporting back.
Has this issue been resolved yet?
I have been looking for a ‘Custom Post limit’ plugin or script and would like to use your plugin if there is no dramas.
Just installed Custom Post Limits at wildsnow.com, seems to be working great! I previously tried to hard code all the post number limits to avoid use of another plugin, but doing so was getting too complicated. I try to limit the number of plugins I use, but this one made the cut! Thanks so much.
v2.0 of this plugin has been released
Please direct any further questions to the page announcing that release.
The issues mentioned in the above comments should all be addressed in the latest release.