I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Custom Post Limits plugin (v3.6) for WordPress.
Independently control the number of posts listed on the front page, author/category/tag archives, search results, etc.
This release features disabled support for individual archive limits by default (configurable) to help sites with lots of authors/categories/tags; noted compatibility through WP 3.3+; updated plugin framework; and more.
The plugin’s official homepage is located at :
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, some of which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Update plugin framework to version 034
- Fix problem where plugin settings page won’t load for sites with a lot of authors, categories, and/or tags
- Fix correct_paged_offset() to only operate against main query
- By default, disable listing of limits for individual authors, categories, and tags
- Add filter ‘c2c_cpl_enable_all_individual_limits’ to allow enabling limits for all individual authors, categories, and tags (supersedes the specific limits)
- Add filter ‘c2c_cpl_enable_all_individual_author_limits’ to allow enabling limits for individual authors
- Add filter ‘c2c_cpl_enable_all_individual_category_limits’ to allow enabling limits for individual categories
- Add filter ‘c2c_cpl_enable_all_individual_tag_limits’ to allow enabling limits for individual tags
- Remove support for ‘c2c_custom_post_limits’ global
- Note compatibility through WP 3.3+
- Regenerate .pot
- Change plugin description
- Add ‘Domain Path’ directive to top of main plugin file
- Add link to plugin directory page to readme.txt
- Tweak installation instructions in readme.txt
- Update screenshot for WP 3.3
- Add second screenshot
- Update copyright date (2012)