I’d lke to announce the official release of the updated Custom Post Limits plugin (v2.6) for WordPress.
Control the number of posts that appear on the front page, search results, and author, category, tag, and date archives, independent of each other, including specific archives.
This release features a reversion to the v2.0 method of post limiting, but with a fix for individual archive limiting (ostensibly the primary thrust behind the v2.5 release, but the approach used in that release caused other conflicts). It also adds the ability to “Reset Settings” and other minor tweaks and code documentation.
The plugin’s official homepage is located at :
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, some of which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Revert post limiting back to hooking ‘pre_option_posts_per_page’ rather than filtering ‘post_limits’ (fixes bug introduced in v2.5)
- Fix bug related to individual author/category/tag limits not applying (the primary intent of the v2.5 release, but needed re-fixing due to reversion)
- Fix bug preventing value of individual limits from appearing on settings page (the value had been saved and used properly, though)
- Add ‘Reset Settings’ button to facilitate resetting all limits configured via the plugin
- Internal: add get_authors(), get_categories(), get_tags() to retrieve and buffer those respective values if actually needed
- Update object’s option buffer after saving changed submitted by user
- Add PHPDoc documentation
- Update .pot file
- Minor documentation tweaks