I’d like to announce the official release of the updated HTML Special Characters Helper plugin (v1.8) for WordPress.
Admin widget on the Write Post page for inserting HTML encodings of special characters into the post.
Recommended update! Highlights: added support for localization; added filter to support other post types; enqueued JS/CSS; compatibility is now WP 2.8 – 3.3+; and more.
For more details, instructions, screenshots, and the download link, visit the plugin’s official homepage at :
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Add new filter ‘c2c_html_special_characters_post_type’ to allow support for other post types
- Enqueue CSS
- Enqueue JS
- Add register_styles(), enqueue_admin_css(), enqueue_admin_js()
- Remove insert_admin_css(), insert_admin_js()
- Add support for localization
- Add .pot
- Update readme with example and documentation for new filter
- Minor code reformatting (spacing)
- Note compatibility through WP 3.3+
- Drop support for versions of WP older than 2.8
- Update all four screenshots (now based on WP 3.3)
- Add ‘Domain Path’ directive to top of main plugin file
- Add link to plugin directory page to readme.txt
- Update copyright date (2012)