I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Get Custom Field Values plugin (v3.2) for WordPress.
Use widgets, shortcodes, and/or template tags to easily retrieve and display custom field values for posts or pages.
Recommended update! Highlights: fixes bug with shortcode builder; fixes bug with saving widget; misc non-functionality documentation and formatting tweaks; verified WP 3.0+ compatibility; dropped support for versions of WP older than 2.8.
For more details, instructions, screenshots, and the download link, visit the plugin’s official homepage at :
Comments are welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read on for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Fix ‘Send to Editor’ for shortcode builder
- (widget) Full re-implementation using C2C_Widget_002
- (widget) Full localization support
- (widget) Fix bug with saving widget
- (shortcode) Output JS in footer instead of head
- Add if(!function_exists()) checks around all functions
- Change description
- Add PHPDoc documentation
- Remove docs from top of plugin file (all that and more are in readme.txt)
- Add package info to top of file
- Note compatibility with WP 3.0+
- Drop compatibility with version of WP older than 2.8
- Minor code reformatting (spacing)
- Add Upgrade Notice section to readme.txt
- Remove trailing whitespace
- Update copyright date
- Update screenshots