I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Stealth Update plugin (v2.0.1) for WordPress.
Adds the ability to update a post without updating the post_modified timestamp for the post.
Recommended major update! Highlights: re-implemented; add class for CSS customizations; full localization support; verified WP 3.0 compatibility; dropped compatibility with version of WP older than 2.9.
For more details, instructions, screenshots, and the download link, visit the plugin’s official homepage at :
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Add checkbox labeled ‘Stealth update?’ to Publish meta_box rather than requiring direct use of custom fields
- Add class of ‘c2c-stealth-update’ to admin UI div containing checkbox
- Add filter ‘stealth_update_meta_key’ to allow overriding custom field key name
- Re-implemented entire approach
- Remove functions add_js(), admin_menu(), add_meta_box()
- Store plugin instance in global variable, $c2c_stealth_update, to allow for external manipulation
- Full support for localization
- Rename class from ‘StealthUpdate’ to ‘c2c_StealthUpdate’
- Remove docs from top of plugin file (all that and more are in readme.txt)
- Minor code reformatting (spacing)
- Add PHPDoc documentation
- Note compatibility with WP 3.0+
- Drop compatibility with versions of WP older than 2.9
- Update screenshots
- Update copyright date
- Add package info to top of plugin file
- Add Changelog, Frequently Asked Questions, Filters, and Upgrade Notice sections to readme.txt
- Add .pot file
- First commit to WP plugin repository