I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Stealth Publish plugin (v2.0) for WordPress.
Prevent specified posts from being featured on the front page or in feeds, and from notifying external services of publication.
Recommended major update! Highlights: re-implemented; silently publish stealth posts; added filters and CSS class for customization; use hidden custom field; localization support; misc. non-functionality changes; verified WP 3.0 compatibility; dropped compatibility with version of WP older than 2.9.
For more details, instructions, screenshots, and the download link, visit the plugin’s official homepage at :
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Encapsulate all code in new c2c_StealthPublish class
- Now also silently publish posts that are stealth published (i.e. don’t send out pingbacks, tracbacks, and pings to update services)
- Add checkbox labeled “Stealth publish?” to Publish meta_box rather than requiring direct use of custom fields
- Allow overriding of custom field used via ‘stealth_publish_meta_key’ filter (default value is ‘_stealth_publish’)
- Add filter ‘stealth_publish_meta_key’ to allow overriding custom field key name
- Add filter ‘stealth_publish_silent’ to allow overriding silent publish feature
- Add class of ‘c2c-stealth-publish’ to admin UI div containing checkbox
- Change custom field used to be a hidden custom field by prepending ‘_’ to the name
- Accept second arg to stealth_publish_where()
- Completely re-implemented find_stealth_published_post_ids()
- Full support for localization
- Store plugin instance in global variable, $c2c_stealth_publish, to allow for external manipulation
- Remove docs from top of plugin file (all that and more are in readme.txt)
- Minor code reformatting (spacing)
- Add PHPDoc documentation
- Note compatibility with WP 3.0+
- Drop compatibility with versions of WP older than 2.9
- Add screenshots
- Update copyright date
- Add package info to top of plugin file
- Add Changelog, Filters, and Upgrade Notice sections to readme.txt
- Add .pot file
- Add to plugin repository