I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Parentless Categories plugin (v1.1) for WordPress.
Like the_category(), list categories assigned to a post, but excluding assigned categories that have a child category also assigned to the post.
Minor update. Highlights: miscellaneous non-functionality tweaks; verified WP 3.0 compatibility.
For more details, instructions, screenshots, and the download link, visit the plugin’s official homepage at :
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Wrap all functions in if(!function_exists()) check
- Remove docs from top of plugin file (all that and more are in readme.txt)
- Note compatibility with WP 2.9+, 3.0+
- Add PHPDoc documentation
- Minor tweaks to code formatting (spacing)
- Add package info to top of plugin file
- Add Changelog, Template Tags, and Upgrade Notice sections to readme.txt
- Update copyright date
- Remove trailing whitespace