I’d like to announce the official release of the updated If File Exists plugin (v2.0) for WordPress.
Check if a file exists and return true/false or display a string containing information about the file.
Recommended feature update. Highlights: added c2c_if_plugin_file_exists() and c2c_if_theme_file_exists(); added %file_directory% and %file_extension%; added hooks for customization; minor fixes and tweaks; renamed blog_time() to c2c_blog_time(); renamed class; verified WP 3.0 compatibility.
For more details, instructions, screenshots, and the download link, visit the plugin’s official homepage at :
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Rename function from if_file_exists() to c2c_if_file_exists()
- Deprecate if_file_exists, but continue to support it for backwards compatibility
- Add c2c_if_plugin_file_exists()
- Add c2c_if_theme_file_exists()
- Add additional optional argument of $show_if_not_exists to indicate text to show if no file exists (when $format is also specified)
- Add new recognized format tag %file_directory%
- Add new recognized format tag %file_extension%
- Add hook ‘c2c_if_file_exists’ (filter), ‘c2c_if_plugin_file_exists’ (filter), and ‘c2c_if_theme_file_exists’ (filter) to respond to the function of the same name so that users can use the apply_filters() notation for invoking template tag
- Handle error when checking a non-existent path
- Handle being sent empty string as filename
- Check for possible existence of functions before defining them
- Trim $dir argument of whitespace and forward slashes
- Minor reformatting (spacing)
- Remove docs from top of plugin file (all that and more are in readme.txt)
- Remove trailing whitespace in header docs
- Note compatibility with WP 3.0+
- Drop compatibility with versions of WP older than 2.7
- Fix typo in example code
- Add Filters and Upgrade Notice sections to readme.txt