I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Commenter Emails plugin (v1.2) for WordPress.
Extract a listing of all commenter emails.
Minor update. Highlights: added multiple hooks to facilitate customization; added plugin listing link; renamed class; verified WP 3.0 compatibility; misc. non-functionality changes.
For more details, instructions, and the download link, visit the plugin’s official homepage at :
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Allow filtering of default filename for saved csv file, via ‘c2c_commenter_emails_filename’ filter
- Allow filtering of whether settings page should actually list the email addresses, via ‘c2c_commenter_emails_show_csv_button’ filter
- Allow filtering of whether settings page should actually show the download csv button, via ‘c2c_commenter_emails_show_emails’ filter
- Move everything in constructor into new init() which gets called on admin_init
- Add ‘Listing’ link to plugin’s entry in plugins list that links to plugin’s admin page
- Check for is_admin() before defining class rather than during constructor
- Assign object instance to global variable, $c2c_commenter_emails, to allow for external manipulation
- Rename class from ‘CommenterEmails’ to ‘c2c_CommenterEmails’
- Remove docs from top of plugin file (all that and more are in readme.txt)
- Note support for WP 2.9+, 3.0+
- Minor code reformatting (spacing)
- Add PHPDoc documentation
- Add package info to top of file
- Add Filters and Upgrade Notice sections to readme.txt
- Update copyright date
- Remove trailing whitespace in header docs