I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Category Image(s) plugin (v1.7) for WordPress.
Display an image for each category associated with a post.
For more details, instructions, and the download link, visit the plugin’s official homepage at :
Recommended update. Highlights: added multiple hooks to allow customization; made leading and trailing slashes in paths optional; allow sending post_id arg to c2c_get_the_category_image_list(); verified WP 3.0 compatibility; other miscellaneous tweaks and fixes.
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Rename filter ‘c2c_the_category_image’ to ‘c2c_category_image_list’
- Add hooks ‘c2c_get_category_image’ (filter), ‘c2c_get_the_category_image_list’ (filter), and ‘c2c_the_category_image’ (action) to respond to the function of the same name so that users can use the apply_filters() or do_action() notation for invoking template tags
- Change to make leading and trailing forward slashes optional for $image_dir value
- Wrap each global function in function_exists() check
- Remove docs from top of plugin file (all that and more are in readme.txt)
- Note compatibility with WP 2.9+, 3.0+
- Minor tweaks to code formatting (spacing)
- Add Changelog, Filters, and Upgrade Notice sections to readme.txt
- Add PHPDoc documentation
- Add package info to top of plugin file
- Update copyright date
- Remove trailing whitespace