I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Blog Time plugin (v1.1) for WordPress.
Display the time according to your blog via a widget, admin widget, and/or template tag.
Recommended minor update. Highlights: added hook for customization; minor fixes and tweaks; renamed blog_time() to c2c_blog_time(); renamed class; verified WP 3.0 compatibility; dropped compatbility with versions of WP older than 2.8.
For more details, instructions, screenshots, and the download link, visit the plugin’s official homepage at :
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Rename blog_time() template tag to c2c_blog_time()
- Deprecate blog_time() template tag, but retain it for backwards compatibility
- Add hook ‘c2c_blog_time’ (filter) to respond to the function of the same name so that users can use the apply_filters() notation for invoking template tag
- Move most of the code in constructor into init()
- Invoke add_widget() against ‘admin_print_footer_scripts’ hook rather than ‘admin_footer’
- Fix PHP warnings/notices in widget code
- Full support for localization
- Rename class from ‘BlogTime’ to ‘c2c_BlogTime’
- Note compatibility with WP 2.9+, 3.0+
- Drop support for versions of WP older than 2.8
- Assign object instance to global variable, $c2c_blog_time as global, to allow for external manipulation
- Remove docs from top of plugin file (all that and more are in readme.txt)
- Minor code reformatting (spacing)
- Add PHPDoc documentation
- Add package info
- Remove trailing whitespace in header docs
- Update copyright date
- Add Changelog, Filters, and Upgrade Notice sections to readme.txt
- Add .pot file