I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Linkify Posts plugin (v2.0) for WordPress.
Turn a string, list, or array of post IDs and/or slugs into a list of links to those posts.
Significant update. Highlights: renamed plugin; renamed `linkify_post_ids()` to `c2c_linkify_posts()`; allow specifying post slug as well as ID; dropped compatibility with versions of WP older than 2.8.
For more details, instructions, and the download link, visit the plugin’s official homepage at :
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Rename plugin from ‘Linkify Post IDs’ to ‘Linkify Posts’
- Rename `linkify_post_ids()` to `c2c_linkify_posts()` (but maintain a deprecated version for backwards compatibility)
- Rename ‘linkify_post_ids’ filter to ‘c2c_linkify_posts’ (no backwards compatibility support since v1.5 was never released)
- Allow linkifying posts specified by slug (in addition to existing support for posts specified by ID)
- Change description
- Add filter ‘linkify_post_ids’ to respond to the function of the same name so that users can use the do_action() notation for invoking template tags
- Fix to prevent PHP notice
- Wrap function in if(!function_exists()) check
- Reverse order of implode() arguments
- Remove docs from top of plugin file (all that and more are in readme.txt)
- Add package info to top of plugin file
- Add PHPDoc documentation
- Note compatibility with WP 2.8+, 2.9+, 3.0+
- Drop support for version of WP older than 2.8
- Minor tweaks to code formatting (spacing)
- Add Changelog, Filters, and Upgrade Notice sections to readme.txt
- Update copyright date
- Remove trailing whitespace