I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Linkify Categories plugin (v1.2) for WordPress.
Turn a string, list, or array of category IDs and/or slugs into a list of links to those categories.
Minor update. Highlights: added filter to allow alternative safe invocation of function; verified WP 3.0 compatibility.
For more details, instructions, and the download link, visit the plugin’s official homepage at :
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Add filter ‘linkify_categories’ to respond to the function of the same name so that users can use the do_action() notation for invoking template tags
- Wrap function in if(!function_exists()) check
- Reverse order of implode() arguments
- Fix to prevent PHP notice
- Remove docs from top of plugin file (all that and more are in readme.txt)
- Note compatibility with WP 3.0+
- Minor tweaks to code formatting (spacing)
- Add Filters and Upgrade Notice sections to readme.txt
- Remove trailing whitespace