I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Extra Sentence Space plugin (v1.2) for WordPress.
Force browsers to display two spaces (when present) between sentences.
The plugin’s official homepage is located at :
Minor update. Highlights: added filter to customize punctuation that get subsequent double-spacing preserved; added if(function_exists()) check around c2c_extra_sentence_space(); minor text reorganization; added verified WP 3.0 compatibility.
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Add filter ‘c2c_extra_sentence_space_punctuation’ to allow customization of the punctuation after which double-spacing (when present) is preserved. Default is ‘.!?’
- Add filter ‘c2c_extra_sentence_space’ to respond to the function of the same name so that users can use the apply_filters(‘c2c_extra_sentence_space’) notation for invoking function
- Wrap function in if (function_exists()) check
- Note compatibility with WP 3.0+
- Minor code reformatting (spacing)
- Remove docs from top of plugin file (all that and more are in readme.txt)
- Remove trailing whitespace in header docs
- Add Filters and Upgrade Notice sections to readme.txt