I’d like to announce the release of the updated Allow Multiple Accounts plugin (v2.0) for WordPress.
Allow multiple user accounts to be created from the same email address.
Major update! This release fixes WP 3.0 + MU compatibility. Also includes major re-implementation, bug fixes, localization support, deprecation of all existing template tags (they’ve been renamed), and more.
For more details, instructions, screenshots, and the download link, visit the plugin’s official homepage at :
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, some of which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Fix compatibility with MU/Multi-site
- Fix bug preventing admins from editing the profile of an account
- Re-implementation by extending C2C_Plugin_011, which among other things adds support for:
- ** Reset of options to default values
- ** Better sanitization of input values
- ** Offload of core/basic functionality to generic plugin framework
- ** Additional hooks for various stages/places of plugin operation
- ** Easier localization support
- Full localization support
- Move count_multiple_accounts() to c2c_count_multiple_accounts()
- Deprecate count_multiple_accounts(), but retain it (for now) for backwards compatibility
- Move get_users_by_email() to c2c_get_users_by_email()
- Deprecate get_users_by_email(), but retain it (for now) for backwards compatibility
- Move has_multiple_accounts() to c2c_has_multiple_accounts()
- Deprecate has_multiple_accounts(), but retain it (for now) for backwards compatibility
- Rename global instance variable from allow_multiple_accounts to c2c_allow_multiple_accounts
- Explicitly ensure $allow_multiple_accounts is global when instantiating plugin object
- Note compatibility with WP 3.0+
- Add ‘Text Domain’ header tag
- Add omitted word in string
- Minor string variable formatting changes
- Update .pot file
- Minor code reformatting (spacing)
- Add PHPDoc documentation
- Add package info to top of plugin file
- Remove docs from top of plugin file (all that and more are in readme.txt)
- Remove trailing whitespace in header docs
- Add Template Tags and Upgrade Notice sections to readme.txt