I’d like to announce the official release of the updated One Click Close Comments plugin (v2.0) for WordPress.
Conveniently close or open comments for a post or page with one click.
Update: Plugin updated to v2.0.1 (see comment below for more information)
For more details, instructions, screenshots, and the download link, visit the plugin’s official homepage at :
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Display commenting status even if JS is disabled
- Render commenting status as a ‘span’ instead of an ‘a’ and use unobtrusive JS to make it clickable
- Insert column into desired position using PHP instead of JS
- Fix issue related to disappearance of button for a post after using Quick Edit
- Fix issue of ‘Allow Comments’ checkbox in ‘Quick Edit’ getting out of sync with actual comment status
- Allow filtering of character used as click link, via ‘one-click-close-comments-click-char’
- Move initialization of config array out of constructor and into new function load_config()
- Create init() to handle calling load_textdomain() and load_config() (textdomain must be loaded before initializing config)
- Add support for localization
- Add .pot file
- Add PHPDoc documentation
- Note compatibility with WP 2.9+
- Drop compatibility with versions of WP older than 2.8
- Update documentation (descriptions, FAQs, etc) to reflect behavior changes
- Update copyright date