I’d like to announce the release of the updated Allow Multiple Accounts plugin (v1.5) for WordPress.
Allow multiple user accounts to be created from the same email address.
This release fixes an incorrectly triggered “Too many accounts…” error, adds full localization support, includes a listing of all associated accounts in the password retrieval email, includes a few additional improvements, is WP 2.9+ compatible, and drops support for versions of WP older than 2.8.
For more details, instructions, screenshots, and the download link, visit the plugin’s official homepage at :
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, some of which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Fixed bug causing ‘Too many accounts…’ error to be incorrectly triggered
- For retrieve password request emails, if the account is one associated with multiple accounts, list those account names in the email for informational purposes
- Added class functions: count_multiple_emails(), get_users_by_email(), has_multiple_emails()
- Exposed new class functions for external use via globally defined functions: count_multiple_emails(), get_users_by_email(), has_multiple_emails()
- Changed invocation of plugin’s install function to action hooked in constructor rather than in global space
- Update object’s option buffer after saving changed submitted by user
- Finalized full support for localization
- Parameterized textdomain name
- Used _n() instead of deprecated __ngettext()
- Supported swappable arguments in translatable string
- Miscellaneous tweaks to update plugin to my current plugin conventions
- Noted compatibility with WP2.9.1
- Dropped compatibility with versions of WP older than 2.8