I’d lke to announce the official release of the updated Custom Post Limits plugin (v2.0) for WordPress.
Control the number of posts that appear on the front page, search results, and author, category, tag, and date archives, independent of each other, including specific archives.
This release features a reimplemented approach to post limiting, WP2.8+ compatibility, dropped support for pre-WP2.6, and fixes for a couple minor bugs.
The plugin’s official homepage is located at :
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, some of which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Reimplemented how post limiting is achieved by hooking ‘pre_option_posts_per_page’ rather than filtering ‘post_limits’
- Simplified custom_post_limits()
- Changed permission check to access settings page
- Used plugins_url() instead of hardcoded path
- Dropped support for versions of WP older than 2.6
- Noted compatibility with WP2.8
- Began initial effort for localization
- Fixed edge-case bug causing limiting to occur when not appropriate
- Fixed bug with tag names not appearing