I’d like to announce the official release of the updated HTML Special Characters Helper plugin (v1.5) for WordPress.
Admin widget on the Write Post page for inserting HTML encodings of special characters into the post.
The plugin’s official homepage is located at :
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Added 78 mew characters to extended characters listing: left-right arrow, carriage return arrow, lozenge, clubs, hearts, diamonds, spades, for all, there exists, empty set, intersection, union, backward difference, angle, logical and, logical or, 49 Greek characters, 5 double arrows, plus, minus, dot operator, orthogonal to, feminine ordinal indicator, masculine ordinal indicator, fraction slash, cedilla
- Tweaked description of a few existing special characters
- Reordered some of the existing special characters
- Removed rich text editor toolbar button and all related code and files (including html-special-characters.php, and tinymce/*)
- Added title attribute to links for Help and Toggle More
- Removed create_dbx_box variable from class, since it controlled what is now the sole behavior of the plugin
- Minor reformatting (spacing)
- Updated screenshots
- Updated copyright date
- Noted compatibility through 2.8+
- Dropped compatibility with versions of WP older than 2.6