I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Text Replace plugin (v2.5) for WordPress.
Replace text with other text in posts, pages, etc. Very handy to create shortcuts to commonly-typed and/or lengthy text/HTML, or for smilies.
The plugin’s official homepage is located at :
This release primarily makes available a number of tweaks and compatibility fixes to ensure support through WordPress v2.8+. Support has been dropped for versions of WordPress older than v2.6.
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Fixed path-related issue for options page
- Added ‘Settings’ link for plugin on admin Plugins page
- Changed permission check
- More localization-related work
- Minor code reformatting (spacing)
- Removed hardcoded path
- Updated copyright date
- Noted compatibility through 2.8+
- Dropped compatibility with versions of WP older than 2.6
- Updated screenshot