I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Author Image(s) plugin (v2.0) for WordPress.
Display image (if present) and/or name for the author of a post, or for all authors on the blog.
The plugin’s official homepage is located at :
The release also bring with it full compatibility with WordPress 2.3+ and 2.5.
This update is part of coffee2code’s 14 Days of Plugins (updated plugin #20).
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Wrapped into its own class
- Added admin options page under Options → Author Images (or in WP 2.5: Settings → Author Images). Options are now saved to database, negating need to customize code within the plugin source file.
- Now looks for user image based on user login name first, then user ID.
- Changed/removed the arguments to most of the functions. $images_extensions and $images_dir are now plugin options.
- Used get_author_posts_url() instead of get_author_link()
- Fixed bug that prevented the custom field override of the author image from working as expected
- Numerous compatibility updates
- c2c_the_author_image() now just directly echoes the return value of c2c_get_the_author_image();
- c2c_the_author_image() and c2c_get_the_author_image() take as optional arguments $before, $after, and $image_dir
- c2c_wp_list_authors_images() now takes ‘show_name’ and ‘show_name_if_no_image’ as part of optional arguments array; both are defaulted to the respective values configured via the plugin’s admin
- Changed description; updated installation instructions
- Added compatibility note
- Updated copyright date and version to 2.0
- Moved into its own subdirectory; added readme.txt
- Tested compatibility with WP 2.3.3 and 2.5