I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Text Replace plugin (v2.0) for WordPress.
Replace text with other text in posts, etc. Very handy to create shortcuts to commonly-typed and/or lengthy text/HTML, or for smilies.
The plugin’s official homepage is located at :
This release debuts the admin options page for the plugin, which provides an interface to define the text replacement shortcuts and expansions. Options are now stored in the database (negating the need to edit the plugin file). The release also brings with it full compatibility with WordPress 2.3+ and 2.5.
This update is part of coffee2code’s 14 Days of Plugins (updated plugin #12).
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Handled case where shortcut appears at the very beginning or ending of the text
- Created its own class to encapsulate plugin functionality
- Added an admin options page
- Added option text_replace_comments (defaulted to false) to control whether text replacements should occur in comments
- Tweaked description and installation instructions
- Added compatibility note
- Updated copyright date and version to 2.0
- Added readme.txt and screenshot
- Tested compatibility with WP 2.3.3 and 2.5