I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Random File plugin (v1.5) for WordPress.
Retrieve the name, path, or link to a randomly chosen file in a specified directory.
The plugin’s official homepage is located at :
This release introduces a new reftype of ‘hyperlink’, which returns the filename of the random file hyperlinked to that file. It also adds a variety of error checks and small plugin tweaks. The release also brings with it full compatibility with WordPress 2.3+ and 2.5 (with continued support for 1.5+, 2.0+, 2.1+ and 2.2+).
This update is part of coffee2code’s 14 Days of Plugins (updated plugin #6).
Update: Plugin updated to v1.5.1 (see comment below for more information)
Update: Plugin updated to v1.5.2 (see comment below for more information)
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Added new reftype of ‘hyperlink’ to return the filename of the random file hyperlinked to that file
- Added error checking to avoid error when referenced directory does not exist
- Explicit handling of reftype ‘absolute’ in the code was actually supposed to be ‘serverabsolute’
- Minor code tweaks
- Tweaked installation instructions
- Added compatibility note
- Updated copyright date and version to 1.5
- Added readme.txt
- Tested compatibility with WP 2.3.3 and 2.5