I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Expandable Dashboard Recent Comments plugin (v2.0) for WordPress.
Adds the ability to do an in-place expansion of comment excerpts on the admin dashboard ‘Recent Comments’ widget.
For more details, instructions, screenshots, and the download link, visit the plugin’s official homepage at :
Significant update: mostly rewritten; now uses “Show more”/”Show less” links in comment row actions instead of appending expand/collapse link; added expand/collapse links that affect all visible comments; added filter to allow initially showing comments expanded; internationalization; enqueue assets; and more.
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Use “Show more”/”Show less” links in comment row actions instead of appending expand/collapse link
- Add filter ‘c2c_expandable_dashboard_recent_comments_start_expanded’ to permit initial display of comments in expanded state
- Remove class configuration array
- Remove filter ‘c2c_expandable_dashboard_recent_comments_config’
- Enqueue CSS
- Enqueue JS
- Add register_styles(), enqueue_admin_css(), enqueue_admin_js()
- Remove add_css(), add_js()
- Add support for localization
- Add .pot
- No longer hide the ellipsis
- Hook ‘load-index.php’ action to initialize plugin rather than checking pagenow
- Add version() to return plugin version
- Minor code reformatting (spacing)
- Note compatibility through WP 3.3+
- Drop support for versions of WP older than 3.1
- Update screenshots (now based on WP 3.3)
- Add link to plugin directory page to readme.txt
- Update copyright date (2012)