I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Obfuscate E-mail plugin (v3.1) for WordPress.
Obfuscate e-mail addresses to deter e-mail harvesting spammers, while retaining the appearance and functionality of hyperlinks.
For more details, instructions, screenshots, and the download link, visit the plugin’s official homepage at:
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read on for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Fix bug where display:none technique was ignored if text direction technique was not active
- Fix bug where display:none and text direction techniques were erroneously applied to email addresses in tag attributes when mid-string
- Update plugin framework to 034
- Note compatibility through WP 3.3+
- Drop compatibility with versions of WP older than 3.1
- Change parent constructor invocation
- Create ‘lang’ subdirectory and move .pot file into it
- Regenerate .pot
- Add ‘Domain Path’ directive to top of main plugin file
- Add link to plugin directory page to readme.txt
- Tweak installation instructions in readme.txt
- Changed description
- Documentation changes
- Update screenshots for WP 3.3
- Update copyright date (2012)