I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Author Image(s) plugin (v3.6) for WordPress.
Display image (if present) and/or name for the author of a post, or for all authors on the blog.
For more details, instructions, screenshots, and the download link, visit the plugin’s official homepage at :
Recommended update. Highlights: fixed bug in which ‘show_fullname’ was ignored; support ‘show_fullname’ with setting and widget setting; noted compatibility with WP 3.3+; updated plugin framework; and more.
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Fix bug in c2c_wp_list_authors_images() where ‘show_fullname’ value was ignored
- Add new setting ‘show_fullname’ to force use of author full name instead of display name
- Add new widget setting ‘show_fullname’ to force use of author full name instead of display name
- For get_author_image(), add support for ‘show_fullname’ setting (default of false)
- Move template function docs into help tabs (for WP 3.3+)
- Add help_tabs_content()
- Remove register_filters()
- Update plugin framework to 034
- Remove support for ‘c2c_author_images’ global
- Note compatibility through WP 3.3+
- Drop compatibility with versions of WP older than 3.1
- Change parent constructor invocation
- Create ‘lang’ subdirectory and move .pot file into it
- Regenerate .pot
- Add more FAQs
- Minor code reformatting (spacing)
- Minor phpDoc reformatting
- Add ‘Domain Path’ directive to top of main plugin file
- Add link to plugin directory page to readme.txt
- Tweak installation instructions in readme.txt
- Update screenshots for WP 3.3
- Update copyright date (2012)