I’d like to announce the release of the updated Allow Multiple Accounts plugin (v2.6) for WordPress.
Allow multiple user accounts to be created from the same email address.
Major update! This release fixes WP 3.3+ compatibility and adds/fixes support for Multisite. It also drops compatibility with version of WP older than 3.1.
For more details, instructions, screenshots, and the download link, visit the plugin’s official homepage at :
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, some of which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Add/fix multisite support
- Remove get_user_by_email() override function
- Override get_user_by() to circumvent check for email existence
- Show admin notice if unable to override get_user_by()
- Update plugin framework to 033
- Remove support for ‘c2c_allow_multiple_accounts’ global
- Note compatibility through WP 3.3+
- Change parent constructor invocation
- Create ‘lang’ subdirectory and move .pot file into it
- Regenerate .pot
- Add more FAQs
- Minor phpDoc reformatting
- Add ‘Domain Path’ directive to top of main plugin file
- Add link to plugin directory page to readme.txt
- Tweak installation instructions in readme.txt
- Update screenshots for WP 3.3
- Update copyright date (2012)