I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Preserve Code Formatting plugin (v3.2) for WordPress.
Preserve formatting of code for display by preventing its modification by WordPress and other plugins while retaining original whitespace and characters.
For more details, instructions, screenshots, and the download link, visit the plugin’s official homepage at :
Recommended update. Highlights: bug fixes; verified WP 3.3 compatibility; dropped support for versions of WP older than 3.1; updated plugin framework; and more.
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read comments for details of the various updates.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Fix bug with settings form not appearing in MS
- Update plugin framework to 032
- Remove support for ‘c2c_preserve_code_formatting’ global
- Note compatibility through WP 3.3+
- Drop support for versions of WP older than 3.1
- Change parent constructor invocation
- Create ‘lang’ subdirectory and move .pot file into it
- Regenerate .pot
- Add ‘Domain Path’ directive to top of main plugin file
- Add link to plugin directory page to readme.txt
- Add text and FAQ question regarding how shortcodes are prevented from being evaluated
- Tweak installation instructions in readme.txt
- Update screenshot for WP 3.3
- Update copyright date (2012)