I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Restrict Usernames plugin (v3.1) for WordPress.
Restrict the usernames that new users may use when registering for your site.
Recommended update. Added BuddyPress compatibility; noted WP 3.2+ compatibility; dropped support for versions of WP older than 3.0; updated plugin framework; and more.
For more details, instructions, screenshots, and the download link, visit the plugin’s official homepage at :
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Add support for BuddyPress
- Add bp_members_validate_user_signup()
- Fix to properly register activation and uninstall hooks
- Update plugin framework to 023
- Save a static version of itself in class variable $instance
- Deprecate use of global variable $c2c_restrict_usernames to store instance
- Add __construct()
- Note deprecation of ‘c2c_restrict_usernames’ global
- Note compatibility through WP 3.2+
- Drop support for versions of WP older than 3.0
- Add more FAQ questions
- Minor code formatting changes (spacing)
- Fix plugin homepage and author links in description in readme.txt