I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Configure SMTP plugin (v2.5) for WordPress.
Configure SMTP mailing in WordPress, including support for sending e-mail via SSL/TLS (such as GMail).
For more details, instructions, screenshots, and the download link, visit the plugin’s official homepage at :
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, some of which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- added support for GMail, including configuring the various settings to be appropriate for GMail
- added support for SMTPSecure setting (acceptable values of », ‘ssl’, or ‘tls’)
- added «Settings» link next to «Activate»/»Deactivate» link next to the plugin on the admin plugin listings page
- tweaked plugin’s admin options page to conform to newer WP 2.7 style
- tweak test e-mail subject and body
- removed the use_smtp option since WP uses SMTP by default, the plugin can’t help you if it isn’t using SMTP already, and the plugin should just go ahead and apply if it is active
- updated description, installation instructions, extended description, copyright
- extended compatibility to WP 2.7+
- updated to v2.5
- facilitated translation of some text
- fixed bug where specified wordwrap value wasn’t taken into account