I’d like to announce the official release of the updated wpuntexturize plugin (v1.0) for WordPress.
Prevent WordPress from displaying single and double quotation marks as their curly alternatives.
The plugin’s official homepage is located at :
This is a fairly minor update to the plugin, mostly to update the documentation to note that it is indeed compatible with all versions of WordPress up through 2.5. A minor code tweak and changed description round out the release.
This update is part of coffee2code’s 14 Days of Plugins (updated plugin #5).
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read more for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Modified core code to consolidate multiple str_replace() calls into one
- Changed description
- Added extended description, installation instructions, and compatibility note
- Changed from BSD license to GPL
- Updated copyright date and version to 1.0
- Added readme.txt
- Tested compatibility with WP 2.3.3 and 2.5