I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Auto-hyperlink URLs plugin (v3.0).
Automatically hyperlink text URLs and email addresses that appear in plaintext in post content and comments.
The plugin’s official homepage is located at :
This release introduces an admin options page for the plugin to configure various options. You can now add additional TLDs via the options page. There have also been various bug fixes and coding improvements. The release also brings with it full compatibility with WordPress 2.3+ and 2.5 (with continued support for 2.0+, 2.1+ and 2.2+).
This update is part of coffee2code’s 14 Days of Plugins (updated plugin #3).
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read on for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Overhauled and added a bunch of new code
- Encapsulated a majority of functionality in a class
- Added admin options page for the plugin, under Options -> Autohyperlink (or in WP 2.5: Settings -> Autohyperlink)
- Added options so that default auto-hyperlinking can be easily configured
- Added option to allow for user-specified TLDs
- Added TLDs of mil, mobi, and cc
- Added option to conditionally auto-hyperlink comments
- Renamed existing functions
- «~» is a valid URL character
- Added class of «autohyperlink» to all links created by the plugin
- Removed the A-Z from regexp since they are case-insensitive
- Recoded some of the core functionality so as to execute only one preg_replace() call for everything (by passing patterns and replacements as arrays)
- Added a note about the known issue of the plugin linking URLs that appear within a longer string in a tag attribute’s value
- trim() text before return instead of doing a substr()
- Added nofollow support
- Moved Class B domain preg to after explicitly protocoled links
- Tweaked description and installation instructions
- Updated copyright date and version to 3.0
- Added readme.txt and screenshot image to distribution zip
- Tested compatibility with WP 2.3+ and 2.5