I’d like to announce the official release of the updated Get Custom Field Values plugin (v2.5).
Easily retrieve and control the display of any custom field values/meta data for posts, inside or outside “the loop”.
The plugin’s official homepage is located at :
This plugin has been faring well despite its nearly four years of life, even after many updates to WordPress. This latest release brings with it full compatibility with WordPress 2.3+ and 2.5 (with continued support for 2.1+ and 2.2+).
This update is part of coffee2code’s 14 Days of Plugins (updated plugin #2).
Comments welcome on this post for this version of the plugin. Comments will be closed once this release has been superseded by another.
Read on for a detailed ChangeLog of the release.
These are the detailed changes, which may or may not make sense to you depending on your familiarity with the previous features and internals of the plugin.
- Modified SQL query code for c2c_get_recent_custom() to explicitly look for post_type of ‘post’ and then optionally of ‘page’
- Per-custom field filter name is now made using a sanitized version of the field key
- Minor code reformatting
- Removed pre-WP2.0 compatibility and compatibility checks
- Changed description
- Updated copyright date and version to 2.5
- Added readme.txt
- Tested compatibility with WP 2.3.3 and 2.5